Wood turning for beginners – private tutorial
$200.00 inc. GST
Learn the basics of woodturning
Includes lathe machine induction
A one on one class learning to make a bud vase out of ethically sourced macrocarpa timber.
We will start from the machine safety induction including lathe component and tool identification. There will then be an orientation to the following:
- identifying different timber selection for different projects
- different methods of attaching other projects to the lathe
- correct chisel identification and and for different use
- correct sanding procedures
- applying an environmentally friendly finish.
$200 per person which includes 2 x 2 hour sessions private tuition
Saturday day time during 10am – 4pm.
Days and times can be negotiated.
No experience necessary, all welcome and all equipment and materials provided.
Age 14 and above.
Starting 8th August, one person/class per week
Please contact both Mark and Maker Community on completion of booking to confirm your session time