January Challenge – Upcycled Projects Showcase
Get creative and show us what you can upcycle, or just come along to check out and vote on others’ projects. Full rules/details below.
Maker Community, 70 Saxon St, Brunswick
6:30PM, Thursday February 1st 2024
January Upcycled Project Challenge
Show us your most creative upcycled projects, or just come along to the showcase to see what others have come up with.
- The main components of your project must be reclaimed or second-hand materials.
- The main components of your project must be obtained within 30km of your home or MCI, for no more than $30.
- (Feel free to tighten these requirements for an increased challenge!)
- Fasteners, finishes, glue, thread, etc, are not subject to the above restrictions.
- You should commence and complete your project during January, having it ready for display on February 1st.
Awards of a delicious nature* will be given for:
- Most transformed from its original life
- Most unconventional sourcing of materials
- Most challenging skills-gap overcome by the maker
Winners will be chosen by community polling. The event is open to not only those participating in the challenge, but also spectators and guests, including non-members of MCI.
* Please let us know if you have specific dietary requirements.